I just got my period for the second time this

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 22 Dec 2018 in Women's Health
Question: I just got my period for the second time this month. It ended last week. I took one birth control pill for the first time last Sunday but stopped it because it made me nausous. I have non classic cah. The painkillers that normally help my cramps are not helping and I haven’t really had cramps like this before. I’m very pale. There’s no way I could be pregnant. Should I contact my pediatrician, endocrinologist, er? or could it just be from taking one birth control pill. (1 week ago). Please help..
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not related to the birth control.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query and understand your health concerns.
The cramps that you are having are not likely to be related to the birth control pill that you took a week earlier. The cramps can be related to an intestinal infection, a pelvic inflammation or an ovarian cyst. This needs a few investigations like an ultrasound scan to find the cause. You need to consult your gynecologist regarding this and in case the cramps are so severe so as to cause nausea and vomiting then it is best to attend an ER.
Till then you can do a hot compress and have an over the counter anti spasmodic and see if it helps.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj