I just got back from Mexico and got way to

Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman

Posted on Thu, 10 Jan 2019 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I just got back from Mexico and got way to much exposure to sun even though I wore 30 SPF the whole time. When I was leaving I had a lot of aches and pains through my body, dizziness, fatigue, and a high fever. When I got home after one night of sleep the dizziness went away along with all the aches and pains. However the fatigue and high fever stayed. I stayed in bed applied cold compresses, drank lots of water, and took ibuprofen. The next morning I felt better had now fever no fatigue so I went to work all day and when I came home from work my fever came back but not the fatigue. The fever was much lower yesterday the highest was 103.2 today the highest was 100.7. Is this just a process if I keep doing these things will go away?
Follow up: Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman 29 minutes later
I apologize the fever was 103.2 yesterday, 98.5 this morning and the highest tonight was 100.7. I believe I said the opposite above. It is now down to 100.1.
Answered by Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Looks a viral infection, should go away in few days

Detailed Answer:
Hi , welcome to Ask A Doctor service. Thanks for using this app.
I have read your question , and I understansd the problem is not related to sun exposure or dehydration. Severe body aches ,along with fever of sudden onset in an other health individual is a classical presentation of a viral illness So I think you have caught a virus .similarly viral infection do cause severe fatigue. Generally no tretment is needed for viral infection and I hope it sould settle in few days .We genrally recommend to take more fluids and use paracetamol or ibuprofen for the pain and fever and avoid very stenous work (do bed rest ) and wait for up to 5 days .if fever still persisted after day five (and you were not improving ) we then generally advise to see a docter for proper assessment and management.
So if you do not have any shortness of breath , and your BP remains fine , and you dont feel very sick i would suggest you should take ibuprofen for the while being as needed and wait for few days , I am very hopefull things would be fine in little days.
Hope I have answered your question. Please feel free to ask anything else you need to know.
kind Regards Dr Rahman
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy