I intermittently will have acute bouts where my face flushes,
I would recommend performing further tests:
Welcome and thank you for asking on Ask a Doctor service!
I understand your concern and would explain that your symptoms could be related to possible epilepsy seizures or TIA ( transient ischemic attacks).
For this reason I would recommend performing further tests to investigate for possible causes underlying your complaints:
- an EEG for seizures
- a Doppler ultrasound of the carotid arteries to investigate for possible narrowing
- an ambulatory 24-48 hours ECG monitoring to investigate for possible arrhythmia
- thyroid hormone levels for thyroid dysfunction.
You should discuss with your doctor on the above tests.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
Wishing good health,
Dr.Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?