question-icon

I Hear Diabetis May Be Result Of The Body Being

Posted on Sat, 25 Jul 2020
Question: I hear diabetis may be result of the body being resistant to the insulin. ao does taking of insulin help if the body is already resisting it? what is alternativ
Answered by Dr. AJEET SINGH (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Diet,lifestyle change and OHA Drugs are tried first in insulin resistance

Detailed Answer:
Hi....
Welcome to "Ask a Doctor"service.
I am Dr Ajeet XXXXXXX

I have gone through your query and here is my opinion.

Diabetes might be as a result of deficiency of insulin or due to reduced effectiveness of Insulin due to resistance.

Best remedies to improve insulin resistance include dietary modifications with low carbs,increased physical activity,to loose extra kilos and mantainance of an ideal body weight.

Drug management includes oral hypoglycaemia agents like Metformin.

Concentrated Insulin is added to the treatment regimen only as a last option to increase the levels and saturate the receptors.

Hope that I have answered your query.

Stay healthy and stay blessed.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. AJEET SINGH