question-icon

I have what feels like a buzzing or vibration in

Posted on Mon, 18 Feb 2019
Question: I have what feels like a buzzing or vibration in my lower right side. It started suddenly yesterday and is rhymic on and off about 25 times a minute. No pain but very annoying.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Needs clinical examination

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. You need to be examined clinically. However, your symptoms could be due to peripheral neuropathy. I would need to ask you if you are a diabetic. Deficiency of Vitamin B12 could also give rise to such a presentation. Taking methylcobalamine (Vitamin B12) 1500 mcg supplement per day for at least a couple of weeks should help in improving the situation.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha