I have vesicles on my wholke body and my hands

Dermatologist
Question
I have vesicles on my wholke body and my hands are very swollen. I have been to Urgent care, they said contact dermatitis. 3 days later I went to ER, they said coxsackie virus. It is now 2 days later and things are not improving
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Immunobullous disease, drug eruption or viral infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
According to your complaints it could be a specific immunobullous skin disease or drug eruption or viral infection.
I need to ask you few questions:
What is the duration of the rash?
Do you have history of fever, bodyaches, joint pains associated with rash?
Have you taken any medicines in the recent past?
Do you have any other ailments?
I would also recommend you to upload the pictures of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Kindly revert with the answers and pictures.
Dr Asmeet

Follow-up: I have vesicles on my wholke body and my hands 13 hours later
Rash started on XXXXXXX 11th on small area R hip, spread to extremities and became severe within 24 hours. No fever but shoulders,elbows,wrists and knees are very achy. Urgent care RX was medrol dose packand ranitidine and hydroxyzine as they diagnosed contact dermatitis starting late on XXXXXXX 13th. When symptoms continued to worsen, I went to ER morning of the 16th( we are traveling in the XXXXXXX AZ area) and theyhad me D/C those meds. Still no fever but severe swelling of back of hands and wrists. They diagnosed probable coxsackie virus, they Rx rest and time.
We have about 1000 miles to drive home, and are leaving tomorrow, where I should be able to see my regular Physician soon. Do you feel the Dx is correct and are there other things I might be doing. I do not take any Meds routinely. I have a completely clean health Hx. I will try to take and send pictures

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be dermatitis most likely,

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your history and reviewed the attached photograph.
It seems to be dermatitis most likely.
You can continue with the same medicines till the time you meet your routine physician again.