I have tingling and burning sensation in my feet and

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
I have tingling and burning sensation in my feet and my wound does heal right away, please help. Thank you.
Tue, 6 Feb 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to exclude diabetes.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting your query.

I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist, and I would try my best to help you.

I have noted your clinical details. Based on this, a diagnosis of peripheral neuropathy can be suspected, where the nerves in the skin (feet) get affected. The diagnosis can be confirmed by clinical examination, followed by nerve conduction studies.

The commonest underlying cause of neuropathy, with poor wound healing is diabetes. Please get your blood sugars checked.

For symptom relief, you can take pregabalin capsules (which would reduce burning and tingling sensation).

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in