I have thyroid problem & taking radiotherapy for same. Is

Endocrinologist
Question
I have thyroid problem & taking radiotherapy for same. Is it routine therapy or for done for any malignancy or thyrotoxicosis? Is it having any complications? Is it lifetime therapy?
Is hospitalization is require? I have attach one consultation for your reference. Please help

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
little confusing

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, i am not sure what and why are you asking.
your h/o current medication shows you are on thyroxine. so why do u need radio iodine therapy? where is your present thyroid report?
let me clearly explain.
there are two types of thyroid disorders
1. hypo thyroid
2. hyper thyroid.
radio iodine therapy is a treatment module for hyper thyroid state. it has nothing to do with malignancy. it is not an ongoing therapy as you have written you are on it. no , not possible. it is a single dose capsule given orally . as you can see in the report of 2014 that you have attached a fixed dose of 10 mili curie is prescribed, so it is a fixed single dose capsule given orally. it is associated with some risk as all therapies are. it requires 15 days of precaution . no hospitalization, it is just as much time consuming as talking any oral pill. that is it.
if you are on thyroxine and your report says you are hyper, then it must be a case of over dosing, requiring dose reduction only and not requiring radio iodine or XXXXXXX as it is called normally .