I have the symptoms of TMAU. Bowel scented breath, constipation

Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

Posted on Thu, 4 Apr 2019 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have the symptoms of TMAU. Bowel scented breath, constipation all my life, metallic plegm mucus in throat, and a bad odor comes out my pores like poo and clogs up any room. Candida tounge too...Went to several doctors and also Dentists...had teeth extracted and told theres no issue with my hygeine. I'm a very clean person. What can I do?
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Thoughts on this

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

I'm sorry to hear this. Although you likely have had this looked into already I need to ask: have you had a complete blood count to look for occult infections, and a complete metabolic panel blood test? Also, are your fasting blood sugars and A1C normal, because having oral thrush can happen more often when there are poorly controlled sugars (hyperglycemia).

Also, you have probably been down this road already, but have you overhauled your diet, given up alcohol and tobacco if you used these? Also, abandon all supplements and over the counter meds to see if that helps. Drink cleaner water.

If none of the physicians you've seen have any ideas, and if they notice the odor too, not just you, then it might be worth having the genetic testing for TMAU. But usually TMAU causes more of a fishy odor.

I hope this information helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj