I have the following symptoms - sinus pressure, post nasal

Dr. Rajat Basak

ENT Specialist

Posted on Mon, 25 Feb 2019 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have the following symptoms - sinus pressure, post nasal drip, itchy throat, tiredness (eye's tired and itchy), cold feeling/chills (no fever). This has been going on daily but randomly for a year. Ive dealt with sinus issues/infections for over 30 years (i'm 40 now). Ive had years where I didnt get sick hardly at all. For the last 12 months, Ive felt these symptoms almost daily...every day. Ive had stretches of days where i feel good consistently. Maybe a week or two through there that I felt fine. But more than 50% of the time each week I feel this way. Ive seen an allergest (tested with no positive results), my primary doctor, an ear/nose/throat doctor (my sinus's are not bad, no polyps). Ive followed their advice - Ive used a sinus rinse, I'm currently taking my 3rd different allergy nose spray, Ive tried claritin and Zrytec. I've tried so many things and seen so many doctors - I dont know where else to turn or who to see. Its depressing to constantly feel like I have bad allergies or a cold. I'm a very healthy person - I dont smoke or drink. I get 7-8 hours sleep every night. my house is clean. I eat very healthy. I only drink water. Its very frustrating. I was just wondering if you would have any advice or something else I could try or a different doctor I could see? Ive had the sinus issues my whole life - but usually only 3 or so sinus infections per year (id take an antibiotic and it would be gone and id feel fine for 3 or 4 months). But this last year has been brutal. Ive taken zpack probably 5 times. each time it resolved it for about a week then symptoms come back. But they seem random and inconsistent.
Answered by Dr. Rajat Basak 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hii. Please don't worry. You are having allergic rhinosinusitis. Please don

Detailed Answer:
Hii. Please don't worry. You are having allergic rhinosinusitis. Please don't stress yourself by thinking that you are having lots of problem. Keep in your mind that every person is allergic to some particle and this allergy goes on throughout life,sometimes it wean off and sometimes it gets increased. So the only way to keep away from these allergies is to increase the body immune status and a healthy life. You have used spray. You don't have polyps as mentioned by doctors. Then it's nothing to worry. You have to increase your body immunity. Do yoga,moderate running,nasal breathing exercises. Take steam inhalation. Have more protein food and vegetables. Try to bath in hot water before and after coming from job. Change bedsheet,pillow cover twice a week.Stay away from allergens like dust,mite,dandruff of animals. Also continue the spray. Relax and follow the above steps and you will feel better.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rajat Basak 31 minutes later
I thought it might be some kind of allergy (despite my allergy testing being negative). I have 2 dogs but I dont think its dogs I am allergic too...Ive had dogs in my house for 35 years and Ive had many long stretches (even a year or more) without symptoms. But dust and mites...so basically advice is to exercise, hot baths, changing my bedsheets and pillows twice a week. keeping the house very clean and clear of dust? and continuing to use my nasal spray? I was sure it wasnt anything serious to worry about...I just would like to feel better in general. I take very good care of myself. I eat extremely well, get rest, exercise.
Answered by Dr. Rajat Basak 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hii. The majority of the cases of rhinosinusitis is due to some allergy. On

Detailed Answer:
Hii. The majority of the cases of rhinosinusitis is due to some allergy. Only way to get rid of those problems is healthy lifestyle, exercise and avoidance of allergens. Follow the advice as mentioned previously and you will feel better.
Answered by Dr. Rajat Basak 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hii. Please follow the advice and lead a healthy life.

Detailed Answer:
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Rajat Basak 0 minute later
ok thank you very much Doctor!