I have taken Mobic for quite a while because I

Question
I have taken Mobic for quite a while because I have ostioartics. Is any other med better?
Mon, 12 Feb 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Micronutrients replacement alongside other pain killers can be used.

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, you can continue mobic but it's usage can be decreased according to pain severity and remission keeping a check on it's side effects relating to kindeys and stomach.

Other options like celecoxib can be used however other OTC analgesics like acetaminophen can be more lighter and safer on stomach and kidneys. If pain is not controlled more potent analgesics like tramadol or gabapentin may be needed.

However to hault or decrease the disease progression supplements for calcium, vitamin D3, ossien mineral complexes and bisphonates can be used off and on to facilitate bone development and decrease wear and tear. Meanwhile soft heels and soles of shoes and physiotherapy can be helpful.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Regards