question-icon

I have swollen lymph nodes . I have seen my

Posted on Sun, 24 Feb 2019
Question: I have swollen lymph nodes. I have seen my regular doctor several times, had blood work. RA came back elevated. now I am seeing a arthritis doctor, had blood work done with him, X-rays on my hips and knees, now he wants to have an MRI on hips. Is this a normal course of action for this situation or should I seek a different doctor, and if so what type of doctor.
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera (27 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Arthritis

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

To diagnose arthritis, your doctor will consider your symptoms, perform a physical exam to check for swollen joints or loss of motion, and use blood tests and X-rays to confirm the diagnosis. X-rays and blood tests also help distinguish the type of arthritis you have.MRI may be used olso

This is the normal curse in your case in my opinion

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Esmeralda Sera

Oncologist