I have swelling between thumb and index finger on both
could you please upload some pictures of the lumps under a bright light?
Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service...
I've gone through your query...
Well, from your description it's not really clear, as the lumps can be due to several reasons.
However, since you've mentioned it's over both of your hands, I'd request you to upload some clear pictures of them under bright light without zooming too much.
Do also let me know:
Are they reducing on their own?
Are they soft/hard on pressing?
Any skin discolouration over the area?
Any past history of trauma/injury to the hands?
Any associated itching or any other concerns?
Do let me know these necessary details so that I can assist you further...
It could be vascular or cystic (due to a fluid collection) or due to certain physical activities which could be the reason it's over both of your hands, or could be due to several other reasons...Since it's persisting for a few weeks now, it'll be better to get it also checked up by any General surgeon for a detailed evaluation...
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for flatulence, acidity, lower chest pain and diabetes
- Suggest treatment for left-sided pain in lower ribs
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- Is mild spinal disc space narrowing a sign of stenosis?
- Suggest treatment for lumps in groin area
- What is pulse oximetry?
- Suggest treatment for varicose veins
- What are the chances of brain damage for a heart attack patient?
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stone
- Does intake of Etizola Beta help in treating anxiety and panic attacks?