Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

I have smoked. Bubble of liquid on top gum appeared. What is going on?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 176 Questions
Hi i have a bubble of liquid on my top right gum. Its on the front & back . I got it less than an hour ago. I have smoked. XXXXXX I havent eating anything i dont usually eat. I pressed against the bubble it got its round i think about 3 cm. The liquid has a strange taste not strong.
Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.

After reading your symptoms, I feel that you have developed an abscess due to infection in either your tooth or your gum. The liquid which you feel is leaking consists of pus cells and is infected. It may also be foul smelling.

I would recommend you to visit your dentist for examination. He may take an X-ray to determine the source of your infection.

If the tooth is involved then you will have to undergo root canal treatment. However, if the infection is due to gum problem then a thorough clean up along with abscess drainage will be required.

Meanwhile, it would be advisable to stop smoking as it hampers healing in the oral cavity.

Hope this answers your query. If you have any more questions, I’ll be happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor