I have small bumps/ rashes on my chest, arms, back

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 1 Feb 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have small bumps/ rashes on my chest, arms, back and neck. What could it be?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information and images

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have read your query.

Do you have any associated symptoms?like itching? How long since you have the rashes?

I request you to kindly upload a few images of the affected areas in " reports section " so that I am able to have a look and guide you accordingly.

Hope to assist you further once I get the images.
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 36 minutes later
It is only itchy on my sides and back
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pityriasis Rosea

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
The rashes seem like pityriasis rosea(PR).
I can make out oval dry scaly patches, however, the images are not very clear. I request you to kindly upload a few more good quality images in good lighting. Pityriasis Rosea (PR) presents as oval, dry scaly patches on trunk, torso, neck, arms. The patches seem to be arranged in a Christmas tree pattern on back and sides. For PR, I would suggest you to use a moderately potent topical steroid e.g either mometasone furoate cream or triamcinolone acetonide cream, twice daily for a few days.

take care.
let me know if you need any more assistance.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T