I have severe pain in my hips and legs that

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have severe pain in my hips and legs that came on after I "thought" I strained my groin moving some furniture. I had an unremarkable hip X-ray, back showed some problems with L1-5 in discs (typical for my 64 year age as a active woman). I am so stiff when I stand up, and it gets better as I am up, but definitely not pain free and limited range of motion. Ugh. Seeing doctor in February. I am on vacation until then so I have been resting to no avail. I do have a history of osteoarthritis, and have had 2 shoulder and one knee totally replaced in the past 5 years.
Sun, 4 Feb 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detail below.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query ,the pain and stiffness are may be due to disc or osteoarthritis .You can take muscle relaxant like thiocholchicoside 4mg twice daily along with aceclofenac and do hot fomentation,you will get relief .
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal