I have severe itchiness on my labia majora its on

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 5 Apr 2019 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: I have severe itchiness on my labia majora its on the upper part of my clitoris, it looks like a white patch and its flaky when i scratched it, i%E2%80%99ve been using feminine wash for years and its the first time that this happens to me, please help it really interferes with my life
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vaginal fungal infection likely.

Detailed Answer:
The itching and white flaky patch that you have is likely to be due to a fungal infection. This can be ruled out only be performing a detailed examination.
This typically presents with the symptoms that you have described. This can be treated with antifungal agents like miconazole. You can use a vaginal pessary like Gyno Daktarin once a day for 2 weeks. Please follow the instructions on the package carefully.
It is also important to keep your private parts scrupulously clean. Trimming your pubic hair, not using any soap to wash your vagina and keeping the area clean and dry will help.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad