I have severe cramps and charliehorses in my feet, toes

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
I have severe cramps and charliehorses in my feet, toes and calves at night, sometimes before going to bed and a lot worse after I go to bed. I've tried everything over counter at drug stores, nothing seems to last very long. My sleep time per night is less than 3 to 4 hours. I feel boomed every morning. I do have some pinched nerves in my neck and spine, and a aneurism on my brain which is also pinching nerves. The leg cramps have gotten worse the last two months. Sure could use some help.
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pinched nerves, statins and electrolytes imbalance to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Pinched nerves in the spine is one of the possible conditions that may cause Charley horse, or muscles spasm.

Considering your overall medical status and current treatment, statins that you use and a possible electrolytes imbalance in the blood may contribute to the worsening of the condition.

The brain aneurysm is not related to the charley horse.

It is necessary to get treated about your spinal cord condition, it is necessary also to get blood tests done about electrolytes levels and correction if anything not normal.

You should discuss with your Doctor about these issues and the possibility of stopping simvastatin as a possible cause of the Charley horse.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.