question-icon

I have reoccurring stabbing pain in stomach, upper left hand

Posted on Sat, 16 Feb 2019
Question: I have reoccurring stabbing pain in stomach, upper left hand side
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
You should go for Investigations

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Pain in the Upper part of the stomach on left side should be investigated.
Spleen,Splenic flexure of the large bowel,Left kidney are the important organs in that area.Ultrasound abdomen will give a clue.
If it is.normal,Upper GI endoscopy has to be done.
If Ultrasound abdomen and Endoscopy are normal,then it could be musculoskeletal pain.Skeletal.muscle relaxant tablet containing Thiocolchicoside will help.
Please consult your doctor and proceed further.
Nothing to worry
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions,I will clarify further.
Wish you good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon