question-icon

I have recently, noticed that as I am getting aroused

Posted on Thu, 21 Feb 2019
Question: I have recently, noticed that as I am getting aroused by my partner I am having seepage from my penis and not being able to stay erect. Is there anything I can do to correct this problem?
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Have you been examined for cardiovascular disease?

Detailed Answer:
Hi Rnichols,

What you describe is a very common problem. It is important to be examined for cardiovascular disease, as this can increase the risk of erectile dysfunction. I suggest you see your general practitioner for blood tests (cholesterol, HbA1c, glucose) and blood pressure and ECG. In the meantime, try Cialis or some such.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Anders Mark Christensen

General Surgeon