I have recently had Xrays showing a bone spur on
The doctor said that the surgery for that is extensive, involving cutting the tendon, shaving the bone and reattaching the tendon.
He did not recommend doing this as he said it is a very long recovery time.
In the meantime I am having shooting pains, and can hardly walk.
Ibuprofen does not help very much.
My question : Is there anything that can be done to relieve the pain and or deal with this without this drastic surgery ? Any other treatment options? I spoke to a friend and she said that it she had it shattered without surgery
I am wondering if there is another way
Local steroid injections can help.
Thanks for posting your query.
Presence of heel spur causes local inflammation that is responsible for the pain that you have. For relief, local steroid injections will help that can reduce the inflammation and thus help with the pain.
Surgery is the only other way if steroid injections do not help and the pain is severe. Regular oral anti inflammatory agents and a hot compress and regular massage can help you till then to some extent.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?