I have recently developed a white stripe on the roof

Question
I have recently developed a white stripe on the roof of my mouth, that kinda hurts after I run my tongue on top, but only on one side and it taste like iron or metal. Also, my nose hurts sometimes but just on the same one side as well. About two or three weeks ago I was having some sinus pressure and a little pain that the doctors tried to treat but to no avail. I have now started a nasal spray (mometasone furoate) and a pill (cetirizine 10mg) I take daily for 30 days... is this cause for concern or do to any type of infection coming from my sinuses?
Sat, 3 Feb 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
The white stripe is a fungal infection as side effect from antibiotic

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health query.
I read carefully your question and I understand your concern.

From what you are describing it seems like you may have an allergic sinusitis and the white stripe is because of the side effect of Amoxillin, which is a possible fungal infection.

I would say to continue with the medicines that your doctors have given you. They will treat the sinusitis.
For the white patch I recommend taking an antifungal oral cream and use locally, 3-4 times/day.

If worse or not better, I would recommend seeing a local doctor.

Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications.

Dr. Papaqako