I have quite a bit of swelling in the perrinium
A proctologist is the specialist that deals with this
Very likely you are developing an abscess in the perineal area again, especially with the history of previous abscesses and fistulas there. Fistulas originate from the bowel and can channel through tissues and come out in skin or in the urinary system, etc, causing certain symptoms.
The presence of the swelling and the chills, fever and sweats in your case shows that very likely you are having an abscess but you will need a visit to better determine this.
If you are developing an abscess, very likely needs to be opened and drained to help it heal.
Generally it is a proctologist the specialist to deal with fistulas and their complications (abscesses). I would recommend you to talk to your local doctor and have a referral for a proctologist.
If a proctologist is not available, a second choice would be an abdominal surgeon with experience in treating fistulas.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Antoneta Zotaj,
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- is it hpv?
- I am 77 years old and one breast is very
- I felt a sudden sharp pain in my inside wrist
- Is there a sleeping aid that I can use with
- Hi, I have been having acne problems for the past
- Can you look at the results of a stool test
- Hi my names is Isabel I’m 24 years old and
- I have had bladder infection after bladder infection on going
- Where can I find a doctor who will test and
- Feeling weak for about a week ! Why ?