I have problem of Keratoconus in both my eyes .

Ophthalmologist
Question
I have problem of Keratoconus in both my eyes . As per my discussion with doctors its in initial stage so no further treatment is required . However from last few days I have a lot of itching in my both eyes . Though I use Genteal and Accupat eye drops , but they give temporary relief . Please suggest .
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Corneal Collagen Cross linking with Riboflavin

Detailed Answer:
I would suggest you to go for-
(Corneal Collagen Cross linking with Riboflavin)
It is based on collagen cross-linking with ultra-violet A and Riboflavin.This changes the internal biomechanical property of thecornea, increasing its strength by almost 400%. This increase in corneal strength hasbeen shown to arrest the progression of Keratoconus. You can visit any big superspeciality hospital for it.

This is non invasive.
Thanks!

Follow-up: I have problem of Keratoconus in both my eyes . 1 hour later
As I mentioned in my previous email , I have already discussed with many doctors ( at Visitech , Medanta and AIMMS ) and none of them recommended me C3R .I don't know why without looking at even basic reports you have directly recommended C3R . Also problem is not Keratcnous , problem is irritation in eyes .

Agagin to be precise , The problem I am facing is irritation in my eyes . I am already using Gentel and Accupat Eye Drop , however they give me temporary relief . Please suggest how can I get the permanent solution ?
Follow-up: I have problem of Keratoconus in both my eyes . 14 hours later
Any update ?

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
answer

Detailed Answer:
Hello somil,
Firstly you have not attached any reports with your query.
Secondly apart from using those drugs no other option is available
Accupat contains both anti inflammatory and anti histaminic.
Gentreal contains lubricating agent.What else can an opthalomologist prescribe?
If you don't want to go for any invasive procedure you can try taking antihistaminic orally for 5 days and see if itch responds to it.
Tab allegra 180 mg once daily for 5 days.
Tab Diclo 100 sr once a day.
Apart from that doctor can only prescribe different brand names of same group of salts.
Your primary treatment is fully correct and if you are not feeling better then you have to proceed with other options.