I have pain in the area below my right ear
Probably reactive lymph node due to an infection.
Hello and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
The swelling area below the ear is probably related to a reactive lymph node.
The swelling is usually related to a possible infection of the ear.
It can also be related to an upper respiratory tract infection.
A bit more details needed to help me through the diagnosis:
Any fever/cough/cold/runny nose?
Did the swelling grow in size with time?
Do you have a sore throat or difficulty swallowing?
Meanwhile, I recommend taking painkillers such as Acetaminophen every 8 hours to relieve the pain.
I also recommend to use warm compresses for relief.
Waiting for your response to assist you further.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?