Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

137 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I have noticed blood in my saliva couple of times

Answered by
Dr. Purva Patel

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2000

Answered : 3430 Questions

Posted on Mon, 14 Jan 2019 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have noticed blood in my saliva couple of times in last fifteen days though I don't have cough .I feel extreme tiredness .I have consulted a ent ..and they told it's not related to it and asked to get few blood test .can u pls suggest me the reason and treatment for it .
Answered by Dr. Purva Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
vit.c deficiency, infection, coagulation disorder or else.need details.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor services.
I have read your query and here is my advise.

* There can be various issues for blood in saliva with tiredness as vitamin c deficiency,
coagulation disorders, certain types of infections or others.

I need further details so that I can answer your query in more details.

1. Amount of blood in saliva.
2. Associated fever, alteration in weight if any ?
3. Any past history of bleeding problem other than this ?
4. Any family history of same issue in another member ?

Awaiting for your response.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Purva Patel 26 hours later
good afternoon doc .no one in family has history of such issue .I am attaching my files .and have consulted even dentist as per ent suggestion.everything seems normal with dental .
Answered by Dr. Purva Patel 34 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Akshata
Welcome for the follow up.

I have evaluated your attached x-ray of the chest.
The blood report is not worth readable.

So far as the x-ray is concerned, it seems okay.

Currently for the bleeding concern, you can get medications as tranexamic acid from your doctor and later definite evaluation guidelines can be figured out after analysis of available blood report.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on