I have not had a period in 4 months. I
I have been told to follow up with another pelvic ultrasound in 6 weeks and have an appointment with GYN mid feb. I have read a little bit about some of the symptoms I am having and wander if there is a link between my symptoms and ovarian cancer or an autoimmune disorder or even lymphoma.
You do not have ovarian cancer or lymphoma
Welcome to healthcare magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
I have read your concerns. The endometrium is thick. This probably could be the result of you not having periods for 4 months.
The FSH is high, but a single FSH level should not relied upon to diagnose menopause. You need to repeat the test after a month or two on the 2nd/3rd day of your menstrual flow.
The ultrasound picture could just be that of multicystic ovary.
You need to consult your gynecologist and take medicines to start your period.
After this if your mensus does not occur spontaneously, take medicine again after 6 weeks to start the period. On the second or third day of menstrual flow, repeat FSH and get a transvaginal ultrasound scan done. This will help us decide on what is happening and to plan management.
For the chronic back ache, do consult your bone doctor.
Light yoga will be beneficial ( after taking approval from your bone doctor).
Relax dear. Your symptoms do not suggest ovarian cancer or lymphoma. As regards the diagnosis of early menopause, a repeat FSH test as mentioned above is needed.
If you have further concerns, I will be happy to answer.
Dr Ramadevi Wani
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes cramps and menstruation once in sex months?
- What causes bleeding after sexual intercourse?
- How to confirm date of conception?
- Are ultrasound conception dates accurate?
- Is it safe to start antibiotics before the labour starts?
- What causes early period after having Postinor-2?
- Can TSH test be done after breakfast?
- suggest treatment for symptoms of prolapse of vaginal wall or uterus
- What causes upper abdominal pain during pregnancy?
- Does prolactin level in my blood report indicate pregnancy?