I have my d & C on 5th XXXXXXX yesterday

Question
I have my d & C on 5th XXXXXXX yesterday I hav done unprotected sex. wht are the chances of getting pregnant.
Fri, 2 Feb 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 3 minutes later
Hi.

The chance of pregnancy is usually very low right after a pregnancy and a D&C. However, this can depend on the cycle and how many months one was pregnant.

Do provide these details and I will be able to help you better.

Follow-up: I have my d & C on 5th XXXXXXX yesterday 14 hours later
I was 4-5 week pregnant. My periods to be come on 1 st december. May I be pregnant

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chances are too low

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.

Based on the history you have shared, it's difficult to predict exact ovulation date after losing pregnancy or after D&C so chances of fertilization and getting pregnant are unpredictable however with recent D&C uterus isn't healed or prepared enough to facilitate implantation so chances of getting pregnant are too low.

Hope this has answered your query. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Regards

Follow-up: I have my d & C on 5th XXXXXXX yesterday 30 minutes later
so i had unprotected sex on 11th XXXXXXX May I take unwanted 72.

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can take it

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Usually emergency contraception pills remain effective within three days so you can take it. Regards

Follow-up: I have my d & C on 5th XXXXXXX yesterday 51 minutes later
in my case, I am so much confused to take this pill or not. I wanted to avoid this medicine because of its side effects. kindly suggest me.. As getting of pregnant chances is very low.. can i avoid this tablet.

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It depends upon priorities

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Yes with current scenario side effects like vaginal bleeding specially in recent D&C but if getting pregnant isn't your priority at all, you can take the pill but since the chances are already too low to get pregnant you can give it a chance as option of D&C will still be there. Regards