I have mitral valve prolapse with moderate regurgitation. Yesterday I
You need urgent medical care.
Thank you for the query. I understand your concern.
Mitral valve regurgitation is weakness/damage of the heart valve allowing blood flow in left side of heart....it flows back in left atrium(upper compartment)&can not flow to body &provide pure blood circulation in body.
Your symptoms suggest the blood insufficiency in various parts of body causing inability to work properly,pain in various parts.
This condition progresses further to put strain on left ventricle,enlargement of left ventricle &it's failure to cause irregular heart beats,swelling on legs &left heart failure.
*Your symptoms show cardiac insufficiency with impending heart failure.
I would suggest for an urgent consultation of a heart specialist to assess the damage to the valve &grade of symptoms (as per failure is concerned)...& let him decide treatment plan.
*He may give you a trial with medicines to maintain the circulation & minimise the cardiac insufficiency... with close observation &care.
OR he may decide to undertake surgical intervention to repair the valve _replace it as per the need.
*You should follow the advise given. And be sure with expert 's guidance &help you would be alright.
I hope that helps. Any follow up query is welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Feeling chill and shaking. Is this a sign of an illness?
- Have high BP, cholesterol and low thyroid. Feel heart rate increases at...
- Having intense burning and noticed swelling in clitoris and labias after...
- Had open surgery for advanced sigmoid colectomy. Watery stools with pain...
- Have severe facial flushing and rosacea. Going through menopause. What...
- Type-2 diabetic, constipated, having abdominal pain after bowel...
- What causes headaches?
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for foot infection
- What causes severe hair loss?