Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

135 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I have little lice around my genitals and legs that

Answered by
Dr. Ilyas Patel


Practicing since :1982

Answered : 3584 Questions

Posted on Sat, 26 Jan 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have little lice around my genitals and legs that cause heavy itching. What do I do?
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pediculosis pubis most probably

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HCM.,

You have given very short history. However,I would like to answer.. If I believe that you have seen small lice called pthirus pubis ( pubic lice)... then it is definite that you suffer from pediculosis pubis. However, you should consult the dermatologist for the perfect diagnosis and proper treatment.

I would suggest...

- apply ivermectin lotion at night for three days on the affected areas
- take tab ivermectin 12 mg at night twice a week
- take bath with dettol liq.
- take tab cetirizine 10 mg at night till itching is relieved
- take cap cephaxine 250 mg thrice a day to prevent secondary bacterial infection for a week
- wash the clothes and towel in hot water.
- treat the nearby relatives if they have same problem

Repeat the treatment if needed. These are prescription medications which you can obtain from your doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr Ilyas Patel, Dermatologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on