I Have Little Lice Around My Genitals And Legs That
Pediculosis pubis most probably
Welcome to HCM.,
You have given very short history. However,I would like to answer.. If I believe that you have seen small lice called pthirus pubis ( pubic lice)... then it is definite that you suffer from pediculosis pubis. However, you should consult the dermatologist for the perfect diagnosis and proper treatment.
I would suggest...
- apply ivermectin lotion at night for three days on the affected areas
- take tab ivermectin 12 mg at night twice a week
- take bath with dettol liq.
- take tab cetirizine 10 mg at night till itching is relieved
- take cap cephaxine 250 mg thrice a day to prevent secondary bacterial infection for a week
- wash the clothes and towel in hot water.
- treat the nearby relatives if they have same problem
Repeat the treatment if needed. These are prescription medications which you can obtain from your doctor.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Ilyas Patel, Dermatologist