I have little lice around my genitals and legs that
Pediculosis pubis most probably
Welcome to HCM.,
You have given very short history. However,I would like to answer.. If I believe that you have seen small lice called pthirus pubis ( pubic lice)... then it is definite that you suffer from pediculosis pubis. However, you should consult the dermatologist for the perfect diagnosis and proper treatment.
I would suggest...
- apply ivermectin lotion at night for three days on the affected areas
- take tab ivermectin 12 mg at night twice a week
- take bath with dettol liq.
- take tab cetirizine 10 mg at night till itching is relieved
- take cap cephaxine 250 mg thrice a day to prevent secondary bacterial infection for a week
- wash the clothes and towel in hot water.
- treat the nearby relatives if they have same problem
Repeat the treatment if needed. These are prescription medications which you can obtain from your doctor.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Ilyas Patel, Dermatologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Large, pus filled scarred blisters on buttock, raw patch on vagina, bump...
- Burning and warm skin on left of rib cage, no rash or shingles. What...
- Have itching around neck, ankles and under the head of the penis....
- Skin infection since months, itching only during sweating. Diagnosed to...
- Skin type is oily, want to have fair skin. Which cream shall I use?
- Having uncontrollable sweat in underarms. What to do?
- Diabetic. Have red blotches on legs. Suggest
- Noticed lump in nostril. Report showed moderate leucocytes. What does...
- Having clusters of painful warts on palm. Prescribe medications?
- Have bumps on elbow under skin. Having unusual color. What could this be?