I have leg cramps in the morning befor getting out
There are many causes of leg cramps
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor. There are many causes for leg cramps, including fluid and electrolyte disorders like dehydration (sometimes from medications that cause you to urine a lot), low potassium or magnesium in your blood, nerve problems, muscle strain, medications such as some inhalers and many others, blood vessel disease, and liver problems.
I would suggest that when you get the cramps, try to relax the muscle and gently stretch it. You can use a heating pad after stretching to help the muscle relax. I would make sure you are well hydrated and, if you still are getting the cramps, see your doctor and possibly get your blood checked for electrolyte deficiencies and have your medications looked at for a cause. Your doctor can also examine you for any neurological causes as well.
I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any questions about that and I would be glad to discuss it further with you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining