I have just started to have a popping sensation in

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have just started to have a popping sensation in my right thumb. From looking around the web, I think it may be trigger finger or in this case trigger thumb. I am a 67 year old female who has had a kidney transplant in 2010. I lost kidney function due to polycystic kidney disease. My mother died of pkd at age 50. Since taking the immunosuppressive drugs, I have developed type 2 diabetes.
My kidney is normal. My creatine is followed regularly and is 1.0.
Wed, 7 Feb 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Apeears to be trigger thumb only.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.

By what you have described , it appears to me that you are suffering from Trigger thumb only.
Since you had been operated for kidney( Transplant) , I would suggest only acetaminophen as pain killers, and do local heat therapy + local application of analgesic cream. If you do not feel any relief then it is better to go for local steroid injection. Local Steroid is very unlikely to affect kidneys or diabetes.

I hope to have been of help. Please feel free to ask any other question.