I have just returned from nursing home. My right leg

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 1 Feb 2019 in Lump
Question: I have just returned from nursing home. My right leg is weeping watery substance enough to wet my sock in just a few minutes. I am taking many meds for heart failure, afib, but this has never happened before. It is the lower portion of my leg just above and from the ankle. What could be causing this...did not happen in nursing home.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possibly lymphatic outflow, please post photos

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history in details and understood your concerns.

The most probable cause I can think about with the history that you have provided is oozing of the lymph may be from a small wound or so.
Lymph is the only fluid that is clear.

If possible, please post/upload the clear focused photos of the area for me to assist you better.

Also, apply liquid Povidone Iodine to avoid secondary infection.
Elevate the foot above heart level in laying down position to possibly reduce the pressure so that the oozing stops.

Do consult your Doctor as you may need proper clinical evaluation supported by investigations like Ultrasonography with color Doppler of the affected limb, inguinal and iliac area for lymph nodes and so on.

I hope this answer helps you. Let me know if I can assist you further.

With Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee