question-icon

I have just received the results of Serum blood test

Posted on Sat, 23 Mar 2019
Question: I have just received the results of Serum blood test for allergies. The following came back as highly allergic: Xantham Gum, Paprika and Cranberry. Can you tell me more about these allergies?

Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Absolutely avoid these foods.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

These test results mean that you are allergic to xanthan gum, paprika, and cranberry.
Xanthan gum is found in many foods such as sauces, dressings, meat and poultry products, bakery products, confectionery products, beverages, dairy products, and also paprika is found in many foods such as sauces, chips etc.

You should read well the labels of foods in order to absolutely avoid xanthan gum, paprika and cranberry.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Olgeta Xhufka