I have intermittent pain in my eyes that responds partially
Please see detalied answer
Hi and Welcome to Ask A Doctor service. Thanks for using this app. I have read your question and here is my advice.
Causes of pain in eyes are numerous and more detaled history is needed like for how long is the pain , and is there any trauma to the eyes and if it effects your vision , or if there is redness in eyes.
Howe've few causes we should consider here includes the following.
1.Dry eyes .This is a common reason for recurrent eye pain and this is likely when pain is more on waking up in the morning .Less lubricants in eyes causes the rubbing of eyes durring sleep to caues mild erosions and that is painfull. Its recurrent and moslty after sleep .So I understand it one possible reason reason in your context .Do you feel grittiness in eyes ?? or if you have noticed decrease in your tears then this may be the cause.Causes of dryness of eyes are many and we may discuss if you feel this is your probelm.
2. corneal abrasion .Some times deep ulcers in the cornea that is the outer layer of eye can cause recurrent pain which may be severe .Thisn is likely if thier is any hisotory of trauma to the eyes .
3.Some times foreign bodes like dust, mud etc can caues eye pain.
4.Allergic eye conditions or infection may also cause pain along with itchiness and redness.
Some serious causes of eye pain includes glaucoma , infections of the deep eye .in that cases eyes may be red and compromises vision.
So the causes are many and we recommend to see opthalmalogist for eye examination to know the cause..
For the time being you can use heat compression, overy the counter artificial tears to relieve your pain.
Hope I have answered your question. I will be glad to answer any further question about this. kind Regards Dr Mahboob ur Rahman
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol