question-icon

I have hsv2 and have a small breakout in my

Posted on Wed, 23 Jan 2019
Question: I have hsv2 and have a small breakout in my pantyline that came up this morning. I had sex with my gf lastnight, what's the likelihood of him getting it?
Answered by Dr. Prasad (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Definite chances of spread...

Detailed Answer:

Assuming the outbreak is indeed due to HSV2, there is a definite chance of transmitting ti to your partner. Though rate of transmission from female to male is low (some reports predict less than 10%), exact chances are unpredictable.

So I'd suggest you to get this checked. If it is indeed an HSV outbreak, I'd recommend your partner to start antiviral medications which will lower transmission rates significantly.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Prasad