I have high bp 189/90 and am dizzy, unalert, unbalanced,
I would recommend going to the ER.
Welcome to Ask a Doctor service!
Your symptoms could be related to a TIA, especially considering the unsteadiness in the left leg.
For this reason, I would recommend going to the ER for a physical exam and some tests (a resting ECG, a brain CT scan, blood electrolytes, etc.).
In the meantime, I recommend taking another tablet of lisinopril 5mg or a tablet of clonidine to help lower your blood pressure values.
Are you taking any blood thinners like aspirin? Considering your past TIAs I would recommend taking baby aspirin too.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
I remain at your disposal for any further questions whenever you need!
Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?