I have heat boils under my armpit & other sensitive
Oral and topical antibiotics
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I suggest you to take a course of an oral antibiotic e.g either Amoxicillin or Cephalexin for a few days. In addition I suggest you to use a topical antibiotic ointment e.g either Neosporin ointment or Mupirocin 2% ointment, twice daily for a few days. Oral antibiotics are prescription medications though Neosporin ointment is available otc.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
Just a follow up question. Is there an mg for the antibiotics mentioned? & how many tablets should I consume in a day & for how many days is the course?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body