I have heart failure with 30% EF function. Have been

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
I have heart failure with 30% EF function. Have been having candasarten slowly increased. It was increased to 16 mg this week. Past 3 days my blood pressure has been going up when I monitor it at home and I have tightness in my chest. blood pressure right now is 165 over 119. What do you recommend
Sun, 11 Feb 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need proper evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your health and I would like to ask you few things first

1. Apart from candesartan what other medicines you are taking?

2. When was the last time echo was done?

3. Did you underwent angiography anytime in the past?

4. When did the chest tightness happened like during some physical activity or simply at rest?

Kindly revert back with the required information as it will help me understand the clinical condition so as to give you a useful advice.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap