question-icon

I have had trouble with my hands turning red and

Posted on Sun, 3 Feb 2019
Question: I have had trouble with my hands turning red and feeling cold
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Raynound phenomenon suspected.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

I think you are experiencing Raynound phenomenon which is caused by vasodpasms ( contractions of arteries) compromising the blood supply of your hands.
This situation happens mainly when hands are exposed to cold making them turn red and cold and sometimes it is painful.
It doesn't have a certain cause.
Sometimes this follows other rheumatoid conditions such lupus, arthritis or sclerodermia.

It doesn't exist a certain treatment for it.
You should avoid cold temperatures in order not to experience it.
Treating the main rheumatoid disease may also improve Raynound phenomenon.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Olgeta Xhufka