I have had this open wound for at least two
Hello Ms. XXXXXXX
Regarding a hyperbaric oxygen chamber, those are used for problems such as gangrene, diabetes wounds, or skin damage after radiation treatment.
I would not jump to that type of treatment unless it is recommended by a dermatologist or surgeon who sees your wound in person and feels that is the best choice. There are more conventional treatments, depending on the nature of your wound and what other health problems you might have.
At this point, I don't have a clear picture off what might be going on with the leg. Have you been told that you have an infection there from the eczema? Do you have diabetes or blood sugar problems?
Since you have had the wound for 2 months, I urge you to go to a dermatologist or a doctor who specializes in wound care.
I see that you have a wound care center in the town you live (if I am right in that you live in XXXXXXX Texas):
XXXXXXX Regional Wound Care Center
520 E 6th St XXXXXXX TX 79761
They offer both conventional wound care and hyperbaric oxygen treatment if it turns out that that is what you need.
I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis