Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

125 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I have had severe skin irritation between the opening of

Answered by
Dr. Nagamani Ng

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2010

Answered : 742 Questions

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2019 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I have had severe skin irritation between the opening of my vagina and my anus (where an episiotomy is usually performed) for more than a week. I have used antibiotic (erythromycin) ointment and petroleum jelly but it does not seem to help. It burns when I urinate. Do I need to make an appointment with a gynecologist?
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting the query

The symptoms suggests urinary infection and a fungal skin infection.

Do you have any fever or chills? Any pain while passing urine? Any stomach pain?

If no such symptoms then you can take Syr.Citralka 5 ml 3 times a day mixed in a glass of water.

Apply Candid cream over the skin.
Any issue do follow up.

Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on