I have had restless leg syndrome for around 15 years
Clonazepam is a reasonable treatment for intermittent symptoms
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor. For chronic persistent symptoms of restless leg syndrome, the most effective medications are usually dopamine agonists like the Mirapex and also medications like gabapentin (Neurontin) or Lyrica. If you have not tried these medications, they may be an option for you.
Clonazepam has been shown to be helpful in restless leg syndrome. There are side effects with this medication such as drowsiness and can slow your thinking process, but if your restless leg syndrome is causing significant problems, I think it would be a reasonable treatment to discuss with your doctor.
I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions, I would be glad to help with anything else.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining