I have had prostatitis twice before and and keeps coming
Have just finished a round of Ciprofloxacin about 4 weeks ago but keeps coming back.
What should and Can I do. PSA is fine and a 3T MRI which I had 18months ago was fine.
There are several things
I am sorry to hear about your troubles. There are several things that should be done, e.g. cultures of urine and a urethral swap. Antibiotics typically used include trimethoprim or penicillins, often for 6-12 weeks, and it is important to take the medicine for the full course. Further, alpha blockage using tamsoluzine may also be helpful.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I have ulcerative colitis and have had it for 12
- I have sharp pains that come in waves that feel
- Hi, My wife had an urine infection for last 4
- I have severe pain going all around my mid section
- My PCP precribed a sonogram of my abdomen because he
- Hey doctor, For the last couple of months I have
- My mother has stage 4 ovarian cancer . Her medical
- Yes Please. About a week ago I started to have
- I have a question about Prostatitis . For the past
- I have been having sudden onset’s of direreah that has