I have had pain in my upper right jaw, just
It's jaw joint /surrounding muscle inflammation.
Thanks for the query. I understand your concern.
* The pain which is not due to ear or tooth problem seems to be due to-
- Toncil or adenoid infection in throat
-Over stretching causing dislocation of jaw
- Blow to the jaw or chewing very hard substance causing injury to the joint (arthritis)OR strain to muscles involved in chewing.
- Chronic habit of clenching teeth.can cause it.
* such pain needs to be confirmed by an ENT / Dental specialist with a detailed examination &x-ray or MRIas per need.
* The treatment is by anti inflammatory drug/physiotherapy /steroid injection. joint or surgery as per need.
You need the consultation of an expert(ENT surgeon/Dental surgeon)
* self-care before you can consult consists of-
Avoiding jaw movements Taking food in a liquid /semisolid form.
Avoid overstretching of jaw /clenching teeth.
Hot saline gargles or cold pack
Can take over the counter pill like Ibuprofen.
I hope that helps you. Any follow up query is welcome.