I have had occasional intercourse with someone who has herpes
Regarding herpes simplex virus
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Genital Herpes (HSV 2) can still be transmitted despite protected sex and without a clinical episode though the risk is very less. So kindly get tested for this.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if you need any more assistance.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body