Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

122 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I have had muscle and tendon arm pain for about

Answered by
Dr. Prasad

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2005

Answered : 3148 Questions

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2019 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have had muscle and tendon arm pain for about 3 months after taking levaquin for diverticulitis. Can identify whether it's the medication or hormones as I'm 52. Pain is getting worse not subsiding at all, especially in the morning. This is my husband's email
Answered by Dr. Prasad 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
May not be related to the medicine...

Detailed Answer:

I don't think the pain could be related to the pain.

Is the pain present in both arms or one side?
Do you also experience weakness along with pain?
Any symptoms numbness, tinging sensation and so on?
Do you notice any other symptoms

Awaiting your response...

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 20 hours later
Did you receive my follow up information?
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 7 minutes later
Here it is again... just in case~
Yes, it is both arms but in different areas. The right arm pain seems to be more muscular as it is where my shoulder muscle extends down into my bicep (that "V" area) and the left arm it is on the tendon that run on the top side of my elbow, along with tenderness of the elbow itself. There is weakness, especially the right arm when lifting upwards. There is also some pins & needles sometimes at night or in the a.m. (right side) and the pain is worse in the a.m. - extending into my finger joints. (inflammation?) I also started with a weird jaw clicking. I do recall that when all this started, I also had a rash on my inside wrists (along my veins) and also some on my legs - super itchy and not sure related but, thought i'd mention) Should i be tested for Lyme? What type of doctor should I see? Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Prasad 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
I think you need to be visit a physician...

Detailed Answer:

Apologies for the late reply.

I went through the details with diligence. This pain doesn't seem to be specific. But presence of rashes along with pain cannot be ignored. The rash may or may not be related. Therefore in my opinion you should consider visiting a physician nearby. Clinical examination of the rash is important to understand whether or not it's related to the pain.

Test for Lyme disease is necessary if rashes are related. If not other tests that include blood hemogram, ESR and CRP would be ordered.

Until the doctor visit, you can take over the counter pain medications to treat pain. Avoid strenuous physical exercises.

Hope this answered your question. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on