Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

135 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I have had many infections from bladder to yeast which

Answered by
Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2011

Answered : 3930 Questions

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2019 in Women's Health
Question: I have had many infections from bladder to yeast which cause my psoriasis to flare up. My urologist put me on nitrofuranton for six mo which has helped with the bladder infections. My major issue now is the pain I have in my vagina . It hurts so bad that it makes walking even sitting a problem. I was finally prescribed lidocaine. It helps with the pain,but that’s about it. Its not a cure. What next.
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are taking right treatment reserved as final option.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear XXXXXXX welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

I think the major pain is coming from bladder rather than vagina.
The cyclosporine treatment you are taking is a final step treatment for interstitial cystitis.
Taking cyclosporine can cause vaginal atrophy, dryness and thinning of vaginal mucosa and also causes pain.
Estradiol you are taking is very helpful.
You can also add estrogen creams for your vagina to keep it lubrificated and normalise a bit the mucosal linning.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 5 hours later
What can I do for the pain?
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pelvic nerve or sacral nerve stimulation needed.

Detailed Answer:
You can talk to your doctor if he can apply to you pelvic nerve stimulation or sacral nerve stimulation.
He places a thin wire to stimulate nerves in order not to feel pain anymore.
Also you can use antidepressants such amitryptiline.
Wishing you good health.
Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on