I have had low back pain with nerve pan running

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have had low back pain with nerve pan running down both thighs and lower left leg. Neurotin as not helped, I had steroid epidurals with no relief. I saw a neuro surgeon who recommends an implanted nerve stimulator. MRI lumber sacral shows some bulging discs, no nerve compression and no degenerative disease. Is this a viable option?
Wed, 7 Feb 2018 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pregabalin can help.

Detailed Answer:
The first line of treatment involves oral muscle relaxants, rest, methylcobalamin supplements and medicines like pregabalin to control the nerve pain. Physiotherapy exercises are recommended to maintain the tone of the back muscles. Implanted nerve stimulator is an option if all the other measures have failed and surgery is not considered. In case the pain is persistent then you can opt for it.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal