I have had for almost 9 days belching or burping
possible stomach acid reflux or other conditions.
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have read your query and here is my advise.
* There can be various possible issues as reflux of stomach acid, muscle ache or others
which can give such presentation.
Kindly provide me further details so that I can answer your query completely.
1. Is there pain involving upper abdomen associated with this ?
2. Burping relieves the discomfort completely or partially ?
3. History of any systemic illness as hypertension or others ?
4. Details of radiation of pain regarding across region of shoulder blade or back ?
5. Have you been across such condition in past or new onset ?
Awaiting for your response.
follow up .
Thanks for the details.
* The relief with burp suggest component of indigestion which usually present in the
middle of the upper abdomen in majority of the cases ( which is not yours case ) ;
Hence some sort of nerves issue can also be considered with warm burning feeling
* My guidelines at present
- Do regularly deep breathing exercises 20 minutes daily.
- Consume plenty of liquids.
- Avoid spices, junk foods, dairy fat, non veg stuffs at present.
- Avoid smoking ( if doing ).
- As there is not substantial pain, I do not recommend any sort of pain killer or other
- Manage sound regular sleep of 7-8 hours and avoid stress.
- Regular walking in fresh air and avoidance of sleeping for at least 2 hours after lunch
or dinner will help great.
- Avoid strenuous work or weight lifting ( if involved ) at present.
* Suggested follow up after 48 hours about the progress of the condition for further
guidelines or early as per the need.
Wish you fine recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and pressure in the rectum?
- What causes constant urge to urinate?
- Suggest treatment for IBS
- Suggest treatment for fever, headaches and shortness of breath
- Suggest treatment for left sided abdominal pain
- What causes burning sensation in the penis?
- What causes burning sensation in the throat?
- What causes urinary hesitancy in public toilets?
- What causes numbness in both hands?
- Suggest treatment for loose stools